The importance of internationalisation for an organisation like Aeres is increasing. The field of Aeres is steadily further internationalising. An international dimension in education, research and services of Aeres is important for its quality of its primary process which is education in The Netherlands.
This primary process is leading for Aeres and valorisation of the results of Aeres' involvement in international projects is therefore of great importance. Aeres has implemented a range of educational development projects. Aeres does this in close collaboration with other education institutes, the private sector and governments in The Netherlands and abroad. Through these projects, the different Aeres institutes (Aeres MBO TVET, Aeres Training Centre International and Aeres Universities of Applied Science) contributes to the global development agenda with a special attention to the achievement of the below mentioned Sustainable Development Goal’s.
These projects are made possible through funding from for example Nuffic (Orange Knowledge Program, Netherlands Fellowship Program and Tailor-Made Trainings) and RVO (Rijksdienst voor Ondernemerschap) from the Ministry of Agriculture and the European Union.
Nuffic is a Dutch organisation that stands for internationalisation in education (www.nuffic.nl)
The Orange Knowledge Program (OKP) of Nuffic wants to contribute to the sustainable and inclusive development of a society by offering professionals and organizations access to education and training. Aeres is collaborating in several OKP projects in Asia and Africa:
- Benin: Renforcer la formation pour l’emploi dans les chaînes agroalimentaires au Bénin
- East Africa Region: The East African Regional Network of Excellence in Dairy Training (EARNED) will improve institutional, organizational and individual capacity to offer blended and practical training in dairy production, processing and business in the East African Region (EAR) and the Netherlands (NL).
- Egypt: Enhancing water efficiency and food security through Egyptian TVETs
- Ghana: Institutional strengthening of national level bodies for TVET and CBL
- Kenya: Strengthening Agriculture TVET Teacher Training in Kenya and the Netherlands
- Kenya: Enhancing Partnerships for Industry-led Vocational Training and education (ePIVOT) in the horticulture value chains of Kenya
- Myanmar: Strengthening Education & Researchby implementation ofAgricultural Colleges and an Agricultural Teacher Training Unit.
- Rwanda: Sternghten education and reserach in water management for climate smart agriculture and improved access to WASH trough good governance and technical management
- South Africa: Strengthening the skills component in the agricultural value chain to support increased production and job creation
- Tanzania: Strengthening of the Potato Value chain
Nuffic also offers financing for customised group training courses: Tailor-Made Training (TMT). In 2019, 9 TMTs were in progress and most are finalised.
- Uganda: Skilling youth and enhancing the capacity of extension staff of GCDFCS in areas of Entrepreneurship, Technology Transfer and Gender in the Dairy Value Chain.
- Sri Lanka: Improving the quality of milk in the local dairy value chains in Katmale Dairy Products Ltd. (KDP).
- South Sudan: Skilling youth and enhancing the capacity of extension staff of AYU in areas of Entrepreneurship, Technology Transfer and Gender in the Dairy Value Chain.
- Kenya: Strengthening knowledge skills and entrepreneurship capacities of cooperative staff for inclusive and sustainable dairy value chain.
- Zambia: Integrated Farming systems: dairy, small livestock and vegetable production.
- India: Creating livelihood opportunities for women, youngsters and small farmers through poultry farming in the Nanded district, India.
- Indonesia: Capacity Building of Lecturers of Kupang State Agricultural Polytechnic (KSAP).
- Nigeria: Capacity Building of Lecturers of 2 universities (University of Ibadan and Kwara State University in Malete) and Federal College of Agriculture.
- Pakistan: Value addition of Milk to develop Dairy processing Capacity and Rural Entrepreneurship for Pakistan Lions Youth Council (PLYC).
In 2020, Aeres has 3 TMT projects until now:
- Nigeria: Pig Artificial Insemination and Capacity Building
- Zambia: Farm Management and entrepreneurship
- Ethiopia: Capacity Building of Lectures, Agricultural TVET experts, researchers and laboratorium technicians in the dairy value chain
OKP Fellowship Program
Every year Aeres receives students from Asia and Africa to follow short courses especially in Poultry, Dairy and Sustainable Farming technologies.
RVO (Rijksdienst voor Ondernemerschap) (Netherlands Enterprise Agency) from the Ministry of Economics
- Tanzania: the Impact Cluster program of RVO Kukua na Kuku.
- Indonesia: FoodTechIndonesia Program.
- Kenya: Feed Tech Kenya. Realisation of a Feed Expertise Centre in Kenya.
Collaboration with Dutch Embassies in Development Cooperation
The Netherlands' approach to development cooperation is all about people's rights and opportunities. Everyone should be able to stand on their own feet and have opportunities to develop successful lives.
The Dutch government's three ambitions for development cooperation are:
- Eradicating extreme poverty in a single generation
- Promoting sustainable, inclusive growth that also benefits the poorest and most vulnerable populations around the world
- Enabling Dutch companies to succeed abroad.
Aeres is involved in several Dutch Development Cooperation Programs:
- Indonesia: towards gender-sensitive agribusiness driven poultry and dairy vocational educationin Indonesia
- ABC Islands: needs assessment in Agricultural TVET
The Erasmus+ programme is a programme from the European Commission for mobility of education in Europe. Aeres is involved in several Erasmus+ programs, for example:
- Food for the World