December 3, 2021
Use self-test for mild complaints
The central government has reported that self-tests can also be used in case of mild corona-related symptoms. In case of mild symptoms, it is therefore no longer necessary (as before) to go to the GGD for a corona test. Instead, you can do a self-test at home. If the result of a self-test is negative, you do not have to stay at home.
If the result of the self-test is positive, you must still be tested at the GGD.
Situations where you don't use a self-test:
- If you are frail or seriously ill, or if you come into contact with vulnerable people. In these cases, a self-test is not sufficient and the advice is to have yourself tested at the GGD;
- if you are in quarantine. You can only end the quarantine by testing at the GGD on day 5.
If the mild symptoms persist, even after a negative self-test, you are advised to still go to the GGD. Students and employees can request free self-tests via https://www.zelftestonderwijs.nl/.
November 26, 2021
Education remains open, with extra precaution
In order to reduce the number of infections with the corona virus, the cabinet has decided to further tighten the corona measures nationally. Education remains open, but there are some additional measures. Below is an overview of the measures that will apply until at least 19 December 2021:
Evening meetings are cancelled:
As a result of the national measures, Aeres will not organize open days or other meetings after 5 p.m. Alternatives will be sought for open days that were already planned during the evenings;
Nationally, everyone aged 18 and older keeps a distance of 1.5 meters from adults and young people from 13 years old. Within schools, this obligation does not apply to pupils, students and teachers;
- The distance rules do therefore apply to educational support staff and/or to employees at Aeres non-educational locations;
- During open days, the distance rules within schools do apply to adults who come along with the students.
For all Aeres locations, wearing face masks is mandatory in the corridors, canteen and other traffic areas;
Open days organized during the day remain possible, subject to the applicable precautions;
Working at home or on location:
- Physical education at the educational locations will continue;
- The following applies to employees for other activities: work at home, unless there is really no other option. Managers and employees will discuss together how to apply this advice in practice;
- The following applies to workplaces and meeting rooms: keep one and a half meters distance. In addition, with regard to meetings, check whether these can also be conducted online;
Aeres calls on everyone to continue to observe the basic rules.
- Stay home if you have flu or cold symptoms;
- Wash your hands regularly;
- Sneezing and coughing in the elbows;
- Do not shake hands;
The urgent advice to employees, pupils, students and course participants remains to test themselves twice a week. Students (MBO and HBO) and employees can request free self-tests via: https://www.zelftestonderwijs.nl.
- Maximum ventilation is provided in the buildings;
- Walking routes have been adapted to give each other space.
Aeres continues to follow the corona regulations and advice of the central government. Changes to the measures will be communicated as soon as possible.